Manufacturing equipment was urgently required in Ireland during the global health pandemic to help Irema face mask production plant in Limerick increase their manufacturing capacity for the Irish Health Service (HSE). Enterprise Ireland also supported the project in their efforts to increase supply of PPE to meet the growing demand of our HSE.
The specialist manufacturing equipment was sourced in Shenzhen, China and Interflow Logistics were chosen as the logistics partner to assist with collection, import customs clearance and delivery.
The Challenge we solved
- The manufacturing equipment was packaged for transport in large crates which required a freighter flight service.
- Limited space availability on air freighters due to reduction in flights during lockdown meant we needed to secure a priority slot
- Escalating airfreight rates during COVID-19 and new Chinese customs export requirements
- The equipment was delivery on time and with significant savings.
- Within 2 days of its arrival the equipment was positioned and commissioned.
- Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic Irema have increased the output of KN-95 Facemasks by 400%
Through detailed collaboration with Irema Ireland, Enterprise Ireland representatives In Shenzhen, Emirates airlines, the Interflow team were able to move this time critical shipment on a priority service into Dublin via Dubai/London connections.
“Our new Mask machine has arrived on site in Kilmallock as we continue to expand our production capacity to help the HSE combat the spread of Covid 19. Our thanks to Interflow Logistics for ensuring it arrived so swiftly”
John Rice, Managing Director at IREMA Ireland.